Spectra Breast Pumps S1 vs S2
Buying a breast pump is not an easy task, it can take hours to research which pump to get. To make things easier we’ve done the groundwork for you. Spectra offers two high performing breast pumps for exclusively pumping – the S1 and the S2.
If you’re curious (or in a hurry):
The S1 is an excellent breast pump – and is Amazon’s choice when it come to Spectra breast pumps.
It has a ton of reviews. (check current price & read reviews here)
So let’s dig in – Here are the features of each pump, and what you need to know to choose between the two Spectra breast pumps.
First off, the S1 and S2 Spectra models are double electric breast pumps – which means that you can pump both breasts at the same time. Each has a “massage mode” to help with the letdown reflex, and an “expression mode” for once your milk has let down.
The following features included with both the Spectra S1 and S2 models
- A quiet motor for discreet pumping
- Hospital-strength suction (up to 270 mmHg)
- A closed system with backflow protection
- Single and double pumping options
- Adjustable suction and speed
- A built-in nightlight
- A lightweight motor
Difference between Spectra S1 and S2 Breast Pumps
- The Spectra S1 has a built-in, rechargeable battery for pumping on the go. The Spectra S2 requires an electrical outlet in order to be used.
- Spectra S1 comes in blue color while color of S2 is pink so of you are a color lover then go with your favorite color.
- Because the S1 model has a battery, it weighs more than the S2 model but it’s still easily portable. S1 is 1.1 kg while S2 is 900 gr so choose according to your need.
- The price of Spectra S1 is slightly higher than S2 model due to its more portability option. So if price is an issue than you can easily go with Spectra S2
They’re both fantastic pumps, and you can’t go wrong with either of them.
See Amazon’s picks for the Best Breast Pumps
What factors should you consider in choosing a breast pump?
If you will be pumping on the go, at work, or if you travel a lot, the S1 is a better choice. With its inbuilt, rechargeable battery (with 3 hour battery life), it’s a totally cordless breast pump and you won’t be tied to an electrical outlet.
Also, it’s a good idea to talk to people who have used the pump before to get an idea of their experience with the product.
Are you struggling with breastfeeding?
Milkology is the online breastfeeding course that will teach you about latching, positioning, milk supply, and more.
No need to stumble your way through breastfeeding until you can’t take it anymore or struggle with pumping where you obsess over every ounce…
The amazing content and classes will help you navigate pregnancy through weaning with good sense and transform you into a confident, milk-makin’ mama!